Nurses have always played a key position in treating patients. They perform a wide range of clinical and non-clinical treatments in order to offer patients optimum levels of care. Nurses outnumber all other healthcare professions. There are more than 2,600,000 registered nurses in the U.S.
Registered nurses can earn substantial salaries based on their level of education and skill levels. The following nursing specialties are currently the highest paying nursing jobs nationwide: 1. Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
The highest paid position in the nursing field is a certified registered nurse anesthetist. They work with physicians and anesthesiologists to deliver anesthesia to patients. Most certified registered nurse anesthetist can expect to earn about $135,000 a year.
2. Nurse Researcher
Another one of the best paying nursing jobs is that of the nurse researcher. Most work as researchers for private companies or healthcare related nonprofits. They can expect to earn about $95,000 per year.
This position is another one of the highest paying nursing careers that has effectively tied with that of nurse researcher. Both positions pay around $95,000 per year. The psychiatric nurse practitioner provides consultation services for psychiatric patients.
4. Certified Nurse Midwife
Certified nurse midwives can expect to earn about $84,000 per year for providing prenatal care and delivering infants. Certified nurse midwives are required to have a master’s degree in nursing and certification through the American Midwifery Certification Board.
5. Pediatric Endocrinology Nurse
Another one of the highest paying nurse careers is that of the pediatric endocrinology nurse. These nurses provide care to young patients suffering from endocrine disorders. These types of nurses can expect to make around $81,000 per year.
The preceding positions make up the top 5 highest paying nursing careers in the United States. A few additional higher paying nursing positions are:
- Orthopedic Nurse: $81,000 yearly
- Nurse Practitioner: $78,000 yearly
- Clinical Nurse Specialist: $75,000 yearly
- Gerontological Nurse Practitioner: $74,000 yearly
- Neonatal Nurse: $74,000 yearly
More reading about top nursing careers and jobs
- Federal report: Best jobs in nursing, tech, construction – Fall River Herald News
- Top jobs in demand in the Tri-Cities – KEPR 19
- Career Rescue: Networking is a lifelong tool for nurses – Houston Chronicle
- MSB Grads Are No. 2 In Employment – Georgetown University The Hoya